Monday, January 3, 2011

Quillows past...!


I have made a collage of quillows (and bags from the offcuts!) I made previously - some for a friend - her choice of fabrics (!) and the tractors one (and hot air balloons) were my choice - tractors for my nephew, hot air balloons for Little H#3. Originally the quillows for our family came from Grandma (Matthew's Mum!) but she kindly let me in on the pattern and I have made a few (understatement) since then for friends and family.

So now I have a collage to show for the pictures (which till now have been jumbled up in various files on the computer!) and I can keep a record of sewing from the olden days (B.J. - Before Janome!).

Have to write separately about my sewing machine but it was a gift 2 years ago (joint birthday and Christmas!) from my parents and oh boy what a difference it has made! For a start, now I can actually sew something in the time it used to take me to battle with thread and tension on the other machine. No exaggeration. Secondly, I can do so much more on the new machine and I know a bad workman blames his tools but in this case, a decent machine is allowing me to REALLY improve my skills. At last. Still can't dressmake in a month of Sundays tho. Maybe that doesn't matter.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment