Monday, January 3, 2011

Panadiere... Could catch on!



This is a Panadiere. Of sorts! I had seen something like this ages ago on the internet when looking for crafts to make for Christmas, or hostess gifts, or whatever. But could I find it yesterday when I was finally inspired to make something out of the IKEA stash of "As Is" fabrics I bought last year??! So I googled, didn't find any instructions detailing how to make what I wanted to make, but I did find pictures of some that I liked a lot - so I have designed my own (not difficult really, is it?!). I have quilted too close together as a result of positioning the quilting arm on my machine too close and not realising how many rows I would have to sew on the fabric so I will quilt the next ones much further apart!

I made the binding and the fabric ties from offcuts from the Le Moyne Star quilt, they were thin lengths cut from the fabric after I had basted it with pins on the floor. I don't throw ANYTHING away. :)

Anyway. Apparently they are french bread baskets, or Panadiere.  I have a few more to make now! This one is a gift for a family birthday this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment